Saturday, December 19, 2009

1st Visit to Santa

We took the boys to see the Nordstrom Santa in downtown Seattle on Thursday. Talk about a PERFECT day/time to go. There was like 6 people in front of us. It was wonderful. The boys did great. I think they were just happy to be out & about. They were just looking around, taking everything in. This was their first time in Seattle too. I wish we lived closer, they have so many great things for kids. I am really looking forward to the spring. Cabin fever has been setting in. Not just for me, but for the kids too. But the kids did great with Santa. No screaming or anything. We've been reading lots of Christmas books lately, so maybe that helped? Next year they might act differently. Griffin tried taking Santas' beard with him. He had that thing glued down pretty good!! Griffin has a strong grip!!! I can't wait to see their pictures, don't get them until after the new year. They let you take your own pics too & video, so we did get those. If their pics turn out half as good as our digital ones, we will be in luck. Can't believe it is their 1st Christmas already.

Jason got his results back from his test. He passed! Thank the heavens. I was going to kill him if he didn't. It has been hard taking care of the kids by myself. But, in many ways it really forced me to grow up & take responsiblilty for something. But still, it has been a long & hard 7 months. This didn't turn out how I'd hoped when I got pregnant, but nothing ever does. I am just lucky that they are both healthy little boys with wicked senses of humor.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want from my life. Things I want to accomplish. Not going to make a new years' resolution....never stick to those. I am just going to make a list of things I want to accomplish in 5 years. I am not going to share them with anyone, just going to jot it down in my journal. I want to be the kind of person my children can respect & admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment